1. Where are you originally from?
I was born and grew up in Whiteville, NC.
2. When did you move to Myrtle Beach?
My wife, Heidi and I moved to Myrtle Beach 3 1/2 years ago, but for the first three years, I was commuting to Alpharetta, Ga for work. I have been in Myrtle Beach full time since the first of the year.
3. How long have you been a member of Finish Strong?
I joined Finish Strong at the Grand Opening of the new location in March.
4. What made you decide to join FS?
My wife and daughter were already members. Both Heidi and Jillian enjoyed it, and Heidi encouraged me to join. My wife looks amazing, and her hard work in the FS classes have a lot to do with it.
5. Where did you go on vacation this summer?
We really have not had a vacation this summer. We did go on a fantastic trip to Australia and New Zealand in January. Since it was summer there, I guess that was our summer vacation.
6. Do you have any pets?
We have two dogs. A 15 year old Yorkie-Pekingese mix named Dreidel and a new rescue dog that is part German Shepherd. Our new dog is 4 or 5 years old. We got her at All for Paws in Pawleys Island so we named her Pawleys, but I call her Big Sweetie.
7. What is your favorite quote?
"It's ok to make mistakes because they often teach us the best lessons."
8. What's your idea of a fun night out?
Dinner out with Heidi and a few other couples.
9. What's a favorite workout/challenge/event that you've done at FS?
I enjoy the variety in the classes. No two days are alike. I don't know that I have a favorite.
10. What's your favorite song to workout to?
Any song where Bob sings along (LOL).
11. Where's your favorite restaurant in Myrtle Beach?
One of my favorites is Rockefeller's up in North Myrtle Beach.
12. What do you like most about Finish Strong?
I used to run a lot, so I exercised by myself. I enjoyed the solitude because it cleared my mind after work. I didn't know if I would enjoy working out with a group. I do enjoy it because between Jason and Bob and the other guys in the classes, I get more accomplished than if I did the exercises by myself.
13. If you had to which would you choose: 50 burpees or 100 warrior sit ups?
100 warrior sit-ups, not even close.
14. How do you relax after a long day?
I like to watch a lot of sports on tv and some old shows from when I was younger. Some of my favorites are Andy Griffith, Seinfeld, MASH, and the original Law and Order.
15. Do you have any hobbies?
Besides the classes at Finish Strong, I play golf on the weekends.