1. Where are you originally from?
I was born in Ohio but mostly grew up in the Chicago suburbs.
2. When did you move to Myrtle Beach?
Summer of 2009, we moved from Arlington, VA where we had lived for 10 years.
3. How long have you been a member of Finish Strong?
Since February 2016.
4. What made you decide to join FS?
My wife, Colette, had been working out with Molly early mornings on the beach before she had a gym. Then, Molly hired Bob and Colette suggested that I try it out, since the gym near my work was closing. After I joined the very first men’s group with Bob, I quickly realized that my previous workouts were WAY too easy, and I was excited to get so much more out of my time.
5. Where did you go on vacation this summer?
I took a week trip to Scotland with three best friends from college to celebrate our 40th birthdays. Somehow, Colette gave me the blessing to go on a Scotch whisky tour through the Highlands with old friends. We were able to sample over 100 whiskys at about 10 or 12 distilleries, we played a little golf, and we actually survived! I walked back into FS with my tail between my legs...
6. Do you have any pets?
No, although the topic is under discussion.
7. What is your favorite quote?
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” -Ferris Bueller
8. What's your idea of a fun night out?
Dinner with my wife. Stop to sit on the beach after grabbing some coffee.
9. What's a favorite workout/challenge/event that you've done at FS?
I really liked the March Madness bracket challenge. And pretty much anything where Bob yells at us to “Fire those hips!”
10. What's your favorite song to workout to?
Music with a lot of profanity isn't normally my style, but in the gym that stuff puts me in a different place and gives me energy. So, yeah, nasty rap.
11. Where's your favorite restaurant in Myrtle Beach?
I love Aspen Grille, especially since it’s owned by friends. If ever in Litchfield, I encourage everyone to try Perrone’s.
12. What do you like most about Finish Strong?
Bob and Jason both have a tremendous ability to help you find your max effort. Plenty of pushing, but just the right amount of encouragement. And I like the mix of guys of all ages that come together for the workouts - I’m inspired by the older guys and awed by the energy of the younger ones.
13. If you had to which would you choose: 50 burpees or 100 warrior sit ups?
I’d rather do 1000 warrior sit ups.
14. How do you relax after a long day?
Chase three kids until we pass out in their beds. Oh, wait...
15. Do you have any hobbies?
I love to golf, hang out with my family, work in the yard, cook.