1. Where are you originally from?
I was born in St. Louis but lived on both coasts and in the Charlotte area before coming to Myrtle Beach.
2. When did you move to Myrtle Beach?
Came here in 2000 from the Charlotte Observer to join the newsroom at The Sun News, along with my photojournalist husband.
3. How long have you been a member of Finish Strong?
About 4 years, ever since those days on the hot/cold turf at Myrtle Beach High.
4. What made you decide to join FS?
Gina Trimarco introduced me to Molly and I've been an apostle ever since.
5. Where did you go on vacation this summer?
Oaxaca, Mexico twice to (sorta) learn Spanish; Washington DC/Shenandoah Valley to visit with my husband's family, camp and visit some Civil War sites.
6. Do you have any pets?
Yes, two rescues: Terrier-mix Scoop, or as my husband calls him, a terrorist-mix; and a stray gray kitty we named Ziva for the character on NCIS. (Might not have been smart to name her after an assassin, she's not the sweetest kitty you ever met. Until a few months ago, we also had a wonderful horse named Buddy, but we donated him to a therapeutic riding program in Aiken, SC. Retirement is wonderful, but the fixed-income thing is a challenge.
7. What is your favorite quote?
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest." -- Mark Twain
8. What's your idea of a fun night out?
Um, what is this "out" you speak of? Early dinner (current fave--Hook and Barrel). Yes, we've become those "early birds" I made fun of until retirement 2 years ago.
9. What's a favorite workout/challenge/event that you've done at FS?
All of the challenges I've participated in have helped motivate me on the path of a healthier attitude toward food and fitness, but the LBD really stole my heart -- and 12 inches.
10. What's your favorite song to workout to?
Anything I might know the words to, which given my lack of familiarity with new music, is rare. But really, I like anything with a beat. Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive" would resonate, though.
11. Where's your favorite restaurant in Myrtle Beach?
Can't pick just one. I love the ones that are locally owned, like Vicinis, Hook and Barrel, Wicked Tuna, Croissants, Be Well Meals, French Twist Tea Room. Also love Gordon Biersch, which is a chain but doesn't taste like it.
12. What do you like most about Finish Strong?
Camaraderie, encouragement, inspiring women and the sense of accomplishment when I survive another workout.
13. If you had to which would you choose: 50 burpees or 100 warrior sit ups?
Warrior situps, all day long. (But don't get any ideas Molly, Bob, Jason).
14. How do you relax after a long day?
Glass of red in front of funny political monologues from the night before, or the binge-worthy show of the moment.
15. Do you have any hobbies?
Reading, writing, (but definititely not 'rithmetic). Also love to hike, kayak, travel, walk on the beach and hang with friends on our back deck watching the Waccamaw roll by.