Feature Trainer: Jason Flanagan
1. Where are you originally from & how long have you lived in Myrtle Beach?
Originally from inner city Philly, moved to Myrtle Beach 9 years ago for school.
2. Tell us a little about your past, I hear your an Olympic qualifier?
Jason is an Olympic qualifying javelin thrower! He was a D1 All American Javelin thrower at Coastal Carolina. Formerly ranked as 48th in the world, London Olympic trial qualifier, and a Dicks Sporting Goods Contender.
3. Have you done any competitions this past year?
Yes, 6 highland game events, moved up to a class A division. Next competition is the Saltwater highland games in North Myrtle Beach on March 24th.
4. what is your favorite personal workout style?
I like Strongman lifting and Olympic lifting, kind of a hybrid, I enjoy both.
5. Favorite music to play during a workout?
Heavy rock or old school hip hop
6. What is your favorite life motto?
We work out to live, we don't live to workout
7. What is your favorite food?
Mexican food... BBQ close second favorite
8. What is your favorite Vacation spot?
Saint Augustine, Florida
9. Do you have any personal fitness advice you could share?
The extra work outside of the gym is what progresses the work inside the gym.