Feature Friday: Shannon Moore
1. Where are you originally from and when did you move to Myrtle Beach?
I claim Colorado as home. I lived there 20 years before moving to the east coast. I just moved to Myrtle Beach in January!
2. Why Barre? What lead you to this?
Dance has been a big part of my life for many years. When I'm getting creative with body movement, I feel the most expressive and alive and like I'm truly giving something back to the universe. Barre fitness includes elements of dance, strength and agility, so it's been a fitness format I've really connected with over the last decade or so.
3. How long have you been a Barre instructor?
I began my Barre fitness journey in 2016 at the YMCA in Middletown NY (though I've had oodles of hours at a traditional ballet barre dating back to 2007).
4. Tell everyone a little bit about the class you teach at Finish Strong.
Finish Strong hosts Barre on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8:10am. In 50 minutes, we strengthen upper and lower body with light weights and dance inspired contractions. We create a safe, fun (and sweaty) space to unleash your inner badass ballerina!
5. Favorite restaurant?
Until recently, it was Olive Garden. I might have to update that to Spice-C off hwy 501. I LOVE RAMEN.
6. How do you relax after a long day?
Red wine paired with either watching a movie or hitting the beach with my hubby and kiddos.
7. What advice would you give someone starting a "fit" lifestyle?
Grab a buddy who is ready to make some changes as well. If you have someone to relate to on a new journey, your physical health will come without sacrificing your mental health! Also, start small; one change at a time. Know always, everyday, you are worthy of the positive changes you hope for! Own your ups and downs, don't let them own you. And, smile...as much as possible.
8. What is something we wouldn't know about you?
I worked as a hairstylist for 10 years in Colorado before pursuing a degree in Exercise Science.
9. Have you gone on any vacations this year?
We have one planned in August. Pit stop in CO before going to Alaska for a wedding.
10. If you could hire one of the following which would you choose; chef, stylist or housekeeper? Chef, hands down. For all the Ramen!