Feature Friday: Caryn Coury
1.Where are you originally from? and how long have you lived in Myrtle Beach? I grew up in Scranton, Pennsylvania, and lived in Philadelphia after college. My husband and I moved to Whiteville, NC with our then 2-week old daughter in 2007, and eventually became official residents of MB in 2012.
2. What made you decide to join Finish Strong? When a friend asked me to try the ballet barre class I took her advice, and then tried a few other very challenging but always fun workouts. What can I say - I was hooked!
3. Favorite time to workout? In the morning right after school drop-off.
4. What do you like most about Finish Strong? Great variety of workouts and very encouraging trainers who keep me motivated to finish!
5. Favorite restaurant? That's a tough one! I love that the MB restaurant scene has improved in recent years, and that new local places stay crowded during the off season as well. Our current favorites are 44th & King, 42nd St. Bistro, Crave, and Fire & Smoke.
6. What is something we wouldn't know about you? As a former Graphic Designer I love to stay busy with anything involving arts & crafts, and I love to create. I'm a closet Cricut junkie, and currently secretly obsessed with piecing together family history on ancestry.com. Also I have a crazy allergy to celery.
7. Have you gone on any vacations this year? Disney World during spring break with 13 family members - 3 of whom needed scooters; Miami; New Orleans; and looking forward to an upcoming trip to Beaches Turks and Caicos with kids!
8. If I say "burpee challenge" whats the first word that comes to mind? "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!"
9. What advice would you give someone thinking about joining Finish Strong? It's worth every drop of sweat and every sore muscle. You will feel better about yourself having attempted the challenge than having made an excuse not to go to the gym.
10. What is your fitness goal? To stay healthy and maintain an active lifestyle so that I can keep up with my kids and to set a good example for them