Today's Featured Member of the Week is the awesome, Adrienne Dodge! We love this chick!
1. How long have you been a member of Finish Strong?
It will be 2 years at the end of May. The good ole days of only the field... and the little side field, freeeeezing throughout the winter and dying during the summer. God Bless the studio.
2. What's something that you think you've had the most improvement on during class?
Although I have not lost much weight, I can tell that I am much stronger. My running has become better and now I can jump rope for a WHOLE minute.... much improvement! I am finally starting to understand the correlation between working out and eating healthy. It took me long enough... but I am proud of the changes in my diet.
3. What's a good quality that you look for in people or in your friends?
Honesty and Compassion
4. Where are you going on your next vacation?
Although I would love for it to be internationally... I will be going to Disney with my family (15 of us) the first week of summer vacation. That's' right... matching shirts and Micky Mouse ears. Go ahead and be jealous.
5. What's your idea of a fun night out?
I'd like to think that I am really cool sober, so I don't drink hardly ever. I'd say a good country concert or sporting event. Just spending time with loved ones.
6. Have you ever broken any bones? If so, tell me a little bit about how you did it.
Ohhhhh my... this is when I knew my athletic days were over and I needed to get off of the field and back into a gym. I broke my index finger knuckle and shattered my wrist as I was attempting to drive for a ground ball while playing 2nd base on my school's softball team. After 12 weeks in a cast and 4 months of physical therapy, I hung up my glove and cleats for sneakers and weights.
7. What reality TV show do you enjoy watching? What's a book that you could read 100 times?
I love all of that reality show nonsense... the Bachelor and Dancing with the Stars. I enjoy Quantio and Heartbeat, too. I love to read anything Nicholas Sparks has written, Tim Tebow's autobiography and some of my favorite passages from the Bible.
8. What's your favorite song to workout to?
I am a HUGE country fan, however not the best to work out to. I would probably say the angry chick music Bob tends to play.
9. What's a recent favorite memory of yours?
I love thinking about the races I have competed in with Bootcamp ladies... The Spartan Race, the Dirty Myrtle Mud Run, the Diva 5K and the Stache Dash and how incredibly ridiculous I looked in all of them, but I was challenged and enjoyed the teamwork and motivation from such amazing friends.
10. What's your favorite type of food? Where's your favorite restaurant in Myrtle Beach?
Bananas with peanut butter... of course anything chocolate. I LOVE King Kong sushi, even though I just started to eat it. Only the basic rolls... ya know really living on the edge!!