Feature Thursday: Maureen Butwin
1. Where are you originally from and how long have you lived in Myrtle Beach?
Originally from Bronx, New York. I have lived in Myrtle Beach for 34 years.
2. What made you decide to join Finish Strong?
I had to take time off from running after a foot injury. During my time off i just felt i became very unhealthy! It was time for a change! With some encouragement from my family and chats with Molly while our girls were in dance together I started training with Amanda 2 years ago. Last Summer I began doing the classes! Best decision ever!!
3. What is your favorite time to workout?
I loved the morning beach workouts last summer! I also love the 5:15 p.m. (happy hour classes)
4. What is your favorite thing about Finish strong?
My favorite thing about Finish Strong is the support from everyone in and outside of the gym!! Everyone is so encouraging!!
5. Favorite Exercise? Love the rope and ball slams!!
6. Have you gone on any vacations this year?
We went to Punta Cana with my husbands family for Thanksgiving. Traveling soon up North to visit with family and of course no year would be complete without a trip to Disney
7. What is your favorite restaurant?
I may be a little biased but my favorite restaurant was Nibils( still have those recipes) but being we sold it i would have to say my favorite restaurants now are Flamingo Grill and Capriccios! The food is amazing and they value their customers.
8. What is something about yourself we wouldn't know?
My first job was at Dairy Queen when i was 14 years old.
9. If I say burpee challenge: whats the first word that comes to mind? I have 3 words! “ Lord help me!”
10. If you could hire one of the following which could you choose: chef, housekeeper or personal stylist? Housekeeper. I have a love hate relationship with housework!!
11. What advice would you give someone wanting to join FS?
Hop on the bus! You will be so happy you did! If i can do it( two left feet and no rhythm) anyone can!!