1. Where are you originally from and how long have you lived in Myrtle Beach? I was born and raised in Myrtle Beach. I left for school and never thought I would be back, (not because I didn't love growing up here!) but here I am! I couldn't imagine living anywhere but the coast!
2. What made you decide to join Finish Strong? Have you met Jane Fonda, I mean Laura Bowden?! My mom kept telling me how wonderful her bootcamp was and how I had to join. She loved the community at FS. Naturally, I blew her off a few times and kept to my solitary runs. My first class was a bob beach workout, and I remember thinking, I feel like I have never worked out a day in my life. We literally ran with a sledgehammer or ax. It took me awhile to come back after that! Two years ago, I was studying for the bar and needed an outlet, so I started going to 6:15am at the stadium. I haven't stopped since.
3. What is your favorite time to workout? Mornings-- I can find a million excuses if I wait until the afternoon. Plus, I love the energy high I get after I workout which is ideal for mornings.
4. What is your favorite thing about Finish Strong? The people! They keep me coming back morning after morning. I have made great friendships.
5. Favorite Exercise? I love a good arms and cardio class. I secretly love the ab wheel, even though I am terrible at it. I always feel it the next day!
6. Have you gone on any vacations this year? Quick trips, but nothing that qualifies as a vacation. I need one! We are planning a trip to Italy, soon!
7. What is your favorite restaurant? FIG in Charleston for dinner, followed by coconut cake and a glass of wine at Peninsula Grill.
8. What is something about yourself we wouldn't know? I love gardening! I find so much joy in planting and harvesting. Everyday when I get home, I go to the backyard to check on my tomatoes. I call my Nana frequently on the how-to's.
9. If I say burpee challenge; whats the first word that comes to mind? If only I could insert an emoji here. As much as I hate them, they work every single time!
10. If you could hire one of the following which would you choose; Chef, stylist or housekeeper? Hmmm, that is a tough one! A housekeeper, although I wouldn't let her sweep because I find that therapeutic.
11. What advice would you give someone wanting to join Finish Strong? Just do it- take a step. Keep showing up. Soon enough, you'll make friends and start seeing a change in your physical and mental capabilities! Find a friend to hold you accountable. It is much harder to blow off your workout if you have a friend waiting on you!