1. Where are you originally from and how long have you lived in Myrtle Beach? I grew up in Myrtle Beach, went off to college at UNC and moved to New Jersey right after college. I was in NJ for 40 years and just moved back to MB last summer.
2. What made you decide to join Finish Strong? My ‘Why’ was to be able to lift and carry my grandchildren. I had pretty good stamina from running but I had no upper body strength and my balance was poor. And it was recommended to me by Heidi Mann.
3. What is your favorite time to workout? Always 6:10am
4. What do you like most about Finish Strong so far? The people – everyone is so friendly and encouraging. And I like the variety in the workouts.
5. Favorite restaurant? We love Crave (thank you Madison for seating us), and we also like Ducati’s and Flamingo Grill.
6. Would you rather do 50 burpees or 100 warrior sit-ups? Sit-ups, for sure
7. If you could hire one of the following which would you choose; chef, stylist or housekeeper? I think a chef. My kids are all wonderful cooks. I am not.
8. If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money? I would stop working, make sure my parents have everything they need, and I have my charitable causes. And maybe do something really indulgent, like put in a pool.
9. What is something we wouldn't know about you? I’ll give you 2: 1) I remember Vanna White from high school. I went to MBHS, she went to NMB. We were both cheerleaders and graduated the same year, and 2) my husband and I have 7 kids. We’re a blended family so they didn’t all grow up in the same house, but it was still a challenge and continues to be a blessing.
10. What advice would you give someone thinking about joining Finish Strong? Have confidence in yourself. You’ll find you can do a lot more than you think you can.