Featured Member: Lauren Morris
Today's Featured Member of the Week is the hilarious, Lauren Morris! Show Lauren some love below!
1. How long have you been a member of Finish Strong? I worked out last year for about 6 months until plantar fasciitis and a sprained ankle sidelined me. I started back in December ’15 and kicked it up in January 2016.
2. What's your motto? Hmmm…depends on the situation. In general: Keep on, keepin’ on. Be part of the solution, not the problem. But…"The right to be ridiculous is something I hold dear.” – U2
3. What are you really passionate about? Laughter. Life is funny. Enjoy it!
4. What's your favorite thing to do during your free time? My family is my world! I love when my kids, my hubby and I are doing something new and different or exploring a new area. Anything that is silly or fun, and lets me hear my kids laughing. But at the end of the day, doing anything (bonus points for spontaneous!) alone with my husband, who just happens to be my favorite person on the planet, is a true blessing.
5. What's an embarrassing moment you've had recently? Umm…..well….It wasn’t really recent, but….(Oh geez, am I really going to admit this??) Let’s just say this: I had an experience with severe gastro-intestinal distress. On my street. If you are flashing to that scene in Bridesmaids, you are correct. Minus the wedding dress.
6. Who is your spirit animal and why? I wanted to say “unicorn” because I want to ride on rainbows and poop cupcakes. But my husband said “lion” because I’m protective and fierce (and have crazy hair?). He’s a squirrel…anyone want to come over for dinner???? My other spirit animal is Mary Newman Brown!
7. Do you have any nicknames? Mom. Mommy. Mama. And from my younger and cooler days, Red Mama Deluxe.
8. How would your friends describe you? (I had to phone a friend for this) Loyal. Passionate. Quick witted. Trustworthy. Feisty. And they would say, “Yes, she knows she looks like Debra Messing.”
9. Morning person or night owl? Party or stay in? I used to be a night owl, but kids pretty much sidelined that. My after-40 definition of “party” is cooking with friends and having copious amounts of wine. I could do that all night!
10. If you could have three wishes right now, what would they be? I’m not wishing for it, I’m working for it!!!!!!!