Feature Friday: Meet Member Jordyn Cunningham
1. Where are you originally from?
Upstate NY- A really small town called Oriskany.
2. When did you move to Myrtle Beach?
I moved in August 2007 and was set up on a blind date right after I moved here and the rest is history! My husband and I have been together for almost 10 years, married for 6 and have 2 wonderful children. Gosh, where does the time go?
3. How long have you been a member of Finish Strong?
I started personal training with Molly in January of 2014 and I would attend bootcamp classes here and there but then I went full on bootcamp classes in January of 2016 when I was 3 months pregnant with my daughter.
4. What made you decide to join FS?
I had just had my son and wanted to get rid of the excess baby weight. I’d tried all different types of classes and home work out videos and I would do it for a month and then quit. I was a quitter until I met Molly and the Finish Strong team and family!
5. Where did you go on vacation this summer?
To NYC with my husband and then I took my kids back home to upstate NY. Both short, quick trips. It’s really hard to go on a vacation somewhere when it’s absolutely beautiful at the beach!
6. Do you have any pets?
2 cats, Bodhi and Utah.
7. What is your favorite quote?
The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller
8. What's your idea of a fun night out?
Really just a night out to dinner with the girls or with my husband. When you have two young ones, a quiet peaceful dinner doesn’t happen often.
9. What's a favorite workout/challenge/event that you've done at FS?
Gosh, all of them! Fridays with Molly are always awesome! I’m usually worn out from the workouts that week and she always brings it and pushes us to our max! Molly never lets you quit! I go into the weekend feeling like I can achieve anything! Also, the July 4th holiday workout was amazing. I love events where we can involve our whole family!
10. What's your favorite song to workout to?
11. Where's your favorite restaurant in Myrtle Beach?
Café Vienna for lunch and Fire and Smoke for dinner.
12. What do you like most about Finish Strong?
The relationships I’ve made throughout the years. I see these ladies every day at 5:15 A.M. when we’ve all just rolled out of bed and the energy everyone brings in and out of every day is just amazing!
13. If you had to which would you choose: 50 burpees or 100 warrior sit ups?
Sit ups. Hands down!
14. How do you relax after a long day?
A hot bath with a Beautycounter charcoal mask and a glass of wine!
15. Do you have any hobbies?
Chasing after my kids. Ha! I feel like that is all I have time to do! This summer we have started making dinner and taking it down to the beach. It's so peaceful, catching minnows and crabs, running around with the kids and watching the sun set.