Feature Friday: Meet Member Dana Alci
1. Where are you originally from?
I was born in Romania (this explains why my name is pronounced like Donna ;)). I moved to the US when I was 20.
2. When did you move to Myrtle Beach?
I lived in Myrtle from 2003 until 2008, moved away for a few years, and moved back in 2014.
3. How long have you been a member of Finish Strong?
I joined about 14 months ago.
4. What made you decide to join FS?
My daughter was born 2 months prior to me joining FS. I needed a gym that offered high intensity workouts to help me lose the baby weight and keep it off. I am happy to say that I have lost close to 20 lbs since I joined.
5. Where did you go on vacation this summer?
We took our kids to Boone, NC and Chicago this summer .
6. Do you have any pets?
We have a 3 year old and a 1 year old monkey. J/k We don't have any pets; we love dogs and may adopt a furry friend when our children are a bit older.
7. What is your favorite quote?
"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door!"
8. What's your idea of a fun night out?
Friends that I can be myself with, wine, and conversations that make you wonder how time went by so quickly AND if the babysitter is available the following day. :)
9. What's a favorite workout/challenge/event that you've done at FS?
The ongoing challenge to not compare myself to others but to do better than the day before (and this is what my challenge outside the gym is as well).
10. What's your favorite song to workout to?
Baby Got Back :))
11. Where's your favorite restaurant in Myrtle Beach?
My husband and I love Soho & King Kong Sushi (Carolina Forest location).
12. What do you like most about Finish Strong?
I met so many amazing people at this gym; they all help keep me motivated. There are not many places I would wake up at 4:45AM several times a week to go to. ;)
13. If you had to which would you choose: 50 burpees or 100 warrior sit ups?
Probably 100 sit ups but there will be some complaining. :)
14. How do you relax after a long day?
I enjoy watching a great movie with my husband to unwind, Some nights I skip the relaxing part and go straight to bed since my kids compete to see whom can wake up earlier. :)
15. Do you have any hobbies?
I love to travel and look forward to visiting new places.