Feature Member Friday: Kim Rutenburg
1. Where you originally from and how long have you lived in mb?
I am originally from Croton-on-Hudson, New York. I have lived in Myrtle Beach for 12 years. I moved down when I was pregnant with my first child, Marietta.
2. What made you decide to join FS?
I did Molly's Boot Camp a few years ago. This was when there was no formal studio and we were out at Shaw Stadium every day. I loved it. Unfortunately, I was injured at the end of 2016 and took most of 2017 to recuperate...and ended up gaining weight. 2018 is my year to get back on the program!
3. Your doing the Transformation challenge, how is that going?
My commitment to exercise is going great. The dieting has proven to be more challenging for me. I am constantly out at night driving my kids to one activity after another, and I haven't found that magical dinner solution yet. But I'm not giving up!
4. What is your favorite time of the day to workout?
I'm an early-morning person. I like to exercise first thing (or as close to it) after waking up.
5. What is your favorite quote or motto to live by?
"Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
6. What do you like most about FS so far?
So many things! The people. The variety of classes. Molly's emails with tips and tricks. The fact that we can get blood work done at the studio. How everyone at FS is ready and willing to listen and help you. I am so happy to be back.
7. What is your ideal vacation?
I'm an adventurer, so I'd say hiking and skiing across the world for six months.
8. If you could hire one of the following, which one would you choose: Personal Chef? Live in housekeeper? or Personal makeup artist/stylist?
Definitely personal chef. If anyone knows one... hahahaha.
9. If you could donate $1,000,000 to a charity, which one would you choose?
Khan Academy, because I love the concept of a free world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
10. What is your favorite restaurant?
New York Prime
11. Tell us something about you we wouldn't know?
I worked in international marketing in NYC for 12 years and had Charles Schulz (PEANUTS) and Aaron Spelling as clients.
12. If I say "burpee challenge" whats the first word that comes to mind?