Feature Friday: Whitney Gibson
1. Where are you originally from and how long have you lived in Myrtle Beach? I am from Northern California (Livermore; small wine town East of San Francisco. Moved to Myrtle Beach January 2009- 10 years ago!
2. What made you decide to join Finish Strong? I was blessed enough to be Carmella’s 4 year old Teacher & everyone at school raved about Finish Strong, so it seemed to be the perfect fit.
3. What have been your favorite challenge at Finish Strong? Little Black Dress Challenge
4. What do you like most about Finish Strong? The amazing people- Molly’s inspiration, all the trainers who challenge us daily and the supportive members that make getting up early worth it.
5. Favorite time to workout? 5:10 am not sure it’s my favorite time but it’s the time that works best for our family
6. Have you gone on any vacations this year? We fled to St. Augustine, Florida during the Hurricane with our 3 dogs, parents & Best Friends in a 3 Bedroom Oceanfront shack. But was one of the Best Vacations ever (w/ 9 people & 5 dogs total).And to Blowing Rock, NC for Thanksgiving which is always a wonderful time.
7. Favorite restaurant? I’m a Big Foodie so it depends on my mood.But I’ve never gone wrong with Frank’s Outback in Pawleys.
8. What is your favorite quote? Don’t pray for an easy life, pray to be a strong person.
9. If you had to choose 50 burpees or 100 warrior sit-ups? 100 warrior sit-ups
10. What is something we wouldn't know about you? If I wasn’t a teacher; my dream job would be to own & operate a Dog Friendly Coffee House named Bear & Biscotti (after my husband’s 1st Rottweiler).
11. What advice would you give someone thinking about joining Finish Strong? Just Do It... You won’t regret it and it will change your life!