Feature Friday: Tara Taylor
1. Where are you originally from and how long have you lived in Myrtle Beach? I've actually lived in Myrtle Beach my entire life (we're rare!). My mom's entire family is from here, as well. I graduated from Socastee High School and Coastal Carolina University - just like my mom.
2. How did you hear about Finish Strong? My friend, Mandie, joined when she started her fitness journey. She always spoke so highly about it, and it definitely made me want to check it out. Of course I was terrified, because I'd been so out of shape for so long.
3. What made you decide to join Finish Strong? I attended the Beer and Burpies event on St. Patrick's Day and realized I really needed to be better overall. I tried working out at home, but there's a certain support and accountability about joining a community (it's more than just a gym!) such as Finish Strong that you just can't get on your own. I decided I wanted a change, and I'm so glad I joined. I actually look forward to working out, now!
4. Favorite time to workout? Weirdly, since joining, I've become a morning person. I usually work out at 7:10 or 8:10 in the mornings.
5. Have you gone on any vacations this year? I visited New York City for the first time in April!
6. Favorite quote or life- motto? Live simply, don't be a jerk, and admit when you're wrong.
7. What do you like most about Finish Strong so far? The fact that no workout is the same. It never gets boring. The fact that EVERYONE wants you to do well is awesome, too. They believe in you more than you may believe in yourself.
8. Favorite restaurant? That's a hard question! I'll say Kings Sushi.
9. If you had to choose; 100 warrior sit-ups or 50 burpees? Ugh. Warrior sit-ups, honestly.
10. What is something we wouldn't know about you? I danced competitively from the ages of 11-16, but my entire dance "career" was about 13 years.
11. What advice would you give someone thinking about joining Finish Strong? Do it. For real. It's the best thing I've done for my mental and physical health.